Christian Odyssey December 2011-January 2012
December - January 2012
Truce on Earth, Good Will Toward Men
In this issue:
- Editorial: Happy Christmas Billi7, by John Halford. There are now 7 billion people alive on earth. Jesus is good news for every one of them.
- Truce on Earth, Good Will Toward Men, by John Halford. It was the first Christmas during World War I, and the troops thought that Christmas was more important than war.
- The Light of Lights, by Rick Shallenberger. If I were lost and needed directions, I’d look for a home with Christmas lights to ask for help.
- God Told Me... by Mike Feazell. How do we know if it's really God?
- Journey to the Middle of the World, by Carla Pearson-Sethna. I have wanted to go to Ecuador ever since I heard Danny Oertli's song.
- HolidayGreetings.com, by Brenda Steffen. Good news from a distant land is like cold water to a weary soul.
- Big Sandy Revisited, by John Halford. Rather than dwell on the past, the Big Sandy congregation decided to become an active part of the local community.
- Tammy's Turn: Emmanuel, Our Redeemer, by Tammy Tkach. What is a "redeemer"? There's a good biblical example in the book of Ruth.
- Bible Study: Forty-Two Men and Five Women, by Michael Morrison. A Study of Matthew 1:1-16. Ancient readers would have found something interesting in that list of names: women.
- Hmm... December 2011 - January 2012