GCI Mission, Vision and Objectives
As an international Christian denomination with about 900 churches in about 100 nations, we are diverse, yet united as one in the mission, vision and objectives noted below.
Our Mission: Living and Sharing the Gospel
We seek to fulfill the Great Commission (Matthew 28:16-20) by living and sharing the good news of what God has done through Jesus Christ.
Our Vision: All kinds of churches for all kinds of people in all kinds of places
We seek to be a movement of multiplication - faithfully and creatively engaged in what Jesus is doing in the power of the Holy Spirit to fulfill the Father's mission to the world.
We pursue our mission and vision by:
- Multiplying healthy, Christ-centered congregations where God is worshipped and people are nurtured and helped to mature as followers of Jesus Christ.
- Providing sound biblical teaching through congregations, media and personal outreach in relevant, meaningful forms for people of diverse backgrounds and ages.
- Expressing the love of God to all through the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives.
- Equipping people for Christian service so that the gospel can be known, understood, and experienced.
- Sharing in the work of the gospel with the broader Christian community, acknowledging that we can learn from one another and that Christ’s love goes beyond denominational boundaries.
For our values (including our ministry emphases) click here.
For the mission, values and objectives specific to our headquarters office, click here.