Articles About Old Testament Laws
Five reasons to obey God by Michael Morrison
Obeying God by J. Michael Feazell
Role of the law in Christian life by Joseph Tkach
Role of the Decalogue in Christian ethics, by Michael Morrison
What is the law of God for Christians today? by John Curry
Appendix 1: Matt. 5:17 — How Did Jesus Fulfill the Law?
Appendix 2: Gal. 3:19 —Were Sacrifices Added Later?
Appendix 3: Matt. 23:23 — Did Jesus Confirm the Law?
"By calling this covenant `new,' he has made the first one obsolete.... He sets aside the first to establish the second" (Heb. 8:13; 10:9).
The old and new covenants
Covenants in the Bible
The Old Covenant and the Law of Moses
Can Old Covenant Worship Laws Become New Covenant Spiritual “Shadows”?
Comparison of Old and New Covenants
Has the New Covenant Been Made?
The New Covenant in a Nutshell
The New Covenant Is Older Than You Think
Is Tithing Required in the New Covenant?
What Do the Scriptures Say About the Sabbath?
- Overview Q&A article: Is the Sabbath required for Christians today?
- The Sabbath in the Books of Moses
- The Sabbath in the Writings and the Prophets
- Jesus and the Sabbath
- Jesus kept the Sabbath. Shouldn't we follow his example?
- Mark 2:27 - Was the Sabbath made for everyone?
- Does Mark 2:27 command Christians to observe the weekly Sabbath (longer article)
- Is the Sabbath a moral law or a ceremonial law?
- What did Jesus mean, pray that your flight will not be on the Sabbath?
- Bible study: the weekly Sabbath — Jesus' example
- Paul and the Sabbath
- Hebrews 4:9 and other questions
- Does Hebrews 4:9 command the Sabbath? — a study paper
The Christian Sabbath: Divine Rest in Jesus Christ
- a booklet by J. Michael Feazell
- Chapter 1: The Law and the Promise
- Chapter 2: The Law and the Spirit
- Chapter 3: Entering God's Rest
- Chapter 4: The Object of Worship
- Chapter 5: New Wineskins
- For a Spanish version of this booklet, click here for a PDF version
Other articles about the Sabbath:
Is there a Sabbath "principle" for Christians to keep?
Can God's Sabbath law be "done away"?
Should we meet on Sundays?
Why the seventh day? - a response to an Adventist
Another letter to an Adventist
The covenants and the Sabbath, part 1: the Old Testament
The covenants and the Sabbath, part 2: the New Testament
From Sunday to Sabbath: the Puritan origins of Sabbatarianism
Sabbath and Sunday in Early Christianity by Michael Morrison
A study of the origins of worship on Sunday by Tom Hanson
Should Christians Keep the Annual Festivals God Gave the Ancient Israelites?
- Part 1: The Old Testament Evidence
- Part 2: The New Testament Evidence
- Part 3: The Lord's Supper
- Bible study: what the festivals picture
- Comments about terminology about the festivals
- Harvest seasons of ancient Israel
- Bible study on the festivals
- Zechariah 14 — Does it command Christians to keep the festivals?
|Many of the study papers on this website have been incorporated into a 300-page paperback book: Sabbath, Circumcision, and Tithing: Which Old Testament Laws Apply to Christians?, by Michael Morrison. This book may be ordered from online book- sellers, or viewed on this site.|
|A book that may be of interest:
Sabbath in Christ, 438 pages, by Dale Ratzlaff
A link that may be of interest:Sabbath-Keepers Refuted
Study papers about other laws
- Circumcision: a test case for examining Old Testament laws
- Are some meats unclean? A look at the Old Testament concept of uncleanness
- Is tithing required under the new covenant?
14 Bible Studies About Old Testament Laws
- Christians Obey God
- Old Testament Laws Before Moses
- Moses and the Old Covenant
- Jesus and the New Covenant
- The Early Church and the Law of Moses
- Paul and the Old Covenant
- A Few Examples of Obsolete Laws
- Seven Annual Sabbaths
- Dietary Laws and Uncleanness
- Jesus and the Old Covenant Laws
- The Weekly Sabbath — Jesus' Example
- The Sabbath in Acts and the Epistles
- New Covenant Commands
- Salvation by Faith