The place of obedience in the Christian life
- Obeying God
- Six reasons to obey God
- Role of the law in Christian life
- Role of the Decalogue in Christian ethics
- Are Old Testament laws still binding on Christians?
- What is the law of God for Christians today?
- Jesus and Laws
The old and new covenants
- Covenant, law and God’s faithfulness
- Covenants in the Bible
- The Old Covenant and the Law of Moses
- The New Covenant in a Nutshell
- Can Old Covenant Worship Laws Become New Covenant Spiritual “Shadows”?
- Comparison of Old and New Covenants
- Has the New Covenant Been Made?
- The New Covenant Is Older Than You Think
What about the Sabbath?
- Is the Sabbath required for Christians today? (summary questions and answers)
- Study paper on the Sabbath:
- Genesis 2:2-3—God’s “rest” and the Sabbath
- Is Leviticus 23:3 a command to have worship services on the weekly Sabbath?
- Jesus kept the Sabbath. Shouldn’t we follow his example?
- Does Mark 2:27 command Christians to observe the weekly Sabbath
- Was the Sabbath made for all human beings? (Mark 2:27) (short version)
- Is the Sabbath a moral law or a ceremonial law?
- Why pray not to flee on the Sabbath?
- Bible study: the weekly Sabbath — Jesus’ example
- Bible study: the Sabbath in Acts and the Epistles
- The Christian Sabbath (booklet):
- Is there a Sabbath “principle” for Christians to keep?
- Can God’s Sabbath law be “done away”?
- The covenants and the Sabbath, part 1: the Old Testament
- The covenants and the Sabbath, part 2: the New Testament
What about worship on Sunday?
- From Sunday to Sabbath: the Puritan origins of Sabbatarianism
- Sabbath and Sunday in Early Christianity
- The origins of Sunday worship in the early church
Should Christians keep the annual festivals God gave Israel?
- What Scripture says about the annual festivals
- Bible study on the festivals
- What the festivals picture
- Harvest seasons of ancient Israel
- Does Zechariah 14 command Christians to keep the festivals?
Articles about other laws
- Circumcision: a test case for examining Old Testament laws
- Are some meats unclean? A look at the Old Testament concept of uncleanness
- Is tithing required under the new covenant?
A series of Bible studies about Old Testament laws
- Introduction to series
- Christians Obey God
- Old Testament Laws Before Moses
- Moses and the Old Covenant
- Jesus and the New Covenant
- The Early Church and the Law of Moses
- Paul and the Old Covenant
- A Few Examples of Obsolete Laws
- Seven Annual Sabbaths
- Dietary Laws and Uncleanness
- Jesus and the Old Covenant Laws
- The Weekly Sabbath — Jesus’ Example
- The Sabbath in Acts and the Epistles
- New Covenant Commands
- Salvation by Grace
Book: Sabbath, Circumcision, and Tithing: Which Old Testament Laws Apply to Christians?
Chapter 1. The strange variety of Old Testament laws
Chapter 2. Does God make mistakes?
Chapter 3. Circumcision: a new way to keep an old law
Chapter 4. The eternal validity of God’s law
Chapter 5. A Christian council about Old Testament laws – a study of Acts 15
Chapter 6. The biblical explanation: The new covenant makes some biblical laws obsolete
Chapter 7. Hebrews and the change in covenants – a study of Hebrews 7-10
Chapter 8. “The law is holy, just and good” – a study of Matthew 5
Chapter 9. Was the Sabbath commanded at creation?
Chapter 10. The Sabbath and the Ten Commandments
Chapter 11. The prophets and the Sabbath
Chapter 12. Jesus and the Sabbath: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John
Chapter 13. Example of the apostles
Chapter 14. Paul and the Sabbath – a study of Col. 2, Rom. 14, and Eph. 2
Chapter 15. A better way to rest – a study of Hebrews 3-4 – and miscellaneous questions
Chapter 16. Sabbath and Sunday in the early church
Chapter 17. The role of the Ten Commandments in Christian life – a study of 2 Cor. 3
Chapter 18. Mildew, meats, and cleanliness
Chapter 19. Annual festivals
Chapter 20. Tithing – including a study of 1 Cor. 9
Chapter 21. Behavioral expectations in the new covenant
Appendix 1: Brief answers for questions about the Sabbath
Appendix 2: For further reading