We’re delighted when friends express interest in our denomination. We’d like to share with you some of our basic values and our vision for the work of the church.
All Christians, wherever they fellowship, share in the work of fulfilling Jesus’ great commission to his church. “Go and make disciples of all nations,” our Lord instructed, “baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you” (Matthew 28:19-20).
Collectively, all Christians shoulder this load. It is a challenging responsibility to be involved in preaching Jesus’ gospel to all nations and teaching disciples to obey him.
As a Spirit-filled community of believers, we recognize that God is “not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance” (2 Peter 3:9). Thus, we see our mission as involving three important dimensions. We focus upward, exalting Jesus Christ in our worship and outreach activities. We focus inward, ministering to all those called into fellowship with us. We look outward, evangelizing the world around and encouraging all who hear to embrace God’s gift of salvation by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
We offer these spiritual gifts and distinctions:
- Emphasis on the absolute sovereignty and centrality of Jesus Christ in all our worship.
- Insistence upon salvation by grace through faith.
- Reverence and commitment to God’s Holy Scriptures, the inspired foundation of Christian faith and practice.
- Willingness to be continually transformed by the Holy Spirit, realizing that spiritual growth and sanctification constantly demand repentance and change.
- Belief in the certainty and importance of the second coming of our Lord and Savior.
- Committed members who faithfully follow Jesus Christ and who devote themselves to proclaiming his gospel to all the world.
- A high view of the sanctity and value of the family structure within the Body of Christ.
- Responsible stewardship of, and accountability for, the financial resources God makes available for the proclamation of Jesus Christ’s message. He does this through the generous sacrifices and contributions of our fellow laborers, and we are deeply grateful for the support of so many people across the years who have made it possible for us to sustain our work on Christ’s behalf.
We are working to provide a safe and nurturing environment in which members support, strengthen, challenge and encourage each other in the faith and the work of the kingdom.
We strive to know and do the will of God. We study to come to a continually better understanding of what God teaches us through his Word, and to act on what God reveals to us.
We welcome the opportunity to share God’s truth and fellowship with all who sincerely want to know, worship and obey Jesus Christ. We have trained ministers and local congregations around the world to serve you.
These articles will tell you much more about our church. And if you want more information about repentance, baptism, the Christian way of life and the work of the church, or if you want to visit one of our congregations, don’t hesitate to contact us.