Jeff McSwain is founder of Reality Ministries, a community-based, inter-church outreach in Durham, NC. He is the author of Movements of Grace: The Dynamic Christo-Realism of Barth, Bonhoeffer, and the Torrances.
Perhaps you know of someone who might like to watch this program. If so, go to the bottom of the page and click on "Email this page." Fill out the short form, and share the good news! There's also a way to share the page on Facebook, Twitter, and other websites.
If you'd like to support this ministry, click here.
If you are interested in learning more about Trinitarian theology, check out Grace Communion Seminary. It's accredited, affordable, and 100 percent online.
For an edited transcript of all six of our
interviews with Jeff McSwain, click here.
Discussion groups might wish to prepare their own topics, request topics from the group, use the following suggested topics, or mix and match all three.
1. Jeff said that we are included in what Christ is doing and that he is for us. How is this so?
2. How does inclusion (our belonging to Christ) transcend the Calvinist/Arminian debate?
3. Why do you think the gospel is so often presented as something other than good news?
4. Even though everyone is included in Christ, why is it important that each person come to know it?
5. “Satan has twisted our concept of reality, giving it a negative connotation.” Your thoughts?
6. What is your impression of sin being described as “bucking reality”?
7. How can we make Christ the center of our lives when he is already the center of everything?
8. Trusting God’s love was likened to becoming “real persons” in Christ. Please comment.
A few simple guidelines for leading a discussion: 1) Encourage open discussion. 2) Ask questions relevant to the topic. 3) Listen attentively. 4) Encourage divergent views. 5) Encourage everyone to participate. 6) Summarize and paraphrase. 7) Minimize teaching and preaching.
J. Michael Feazell: Welcome to You’re Included, the unique interview series devoted to practical implications of Trinitarian theology. Today we’re talking with Jeff McSwain, founder and Executive Director of Reality Ministries of Durham, North Carolina. Jeff earned his Master’s degree in theology; he studied with Alan and J.B. Torrance at Scotland’s University of St. Andrews. His passion is to combine sound theological teaching with the everyday practice of youth ministry.
Jeff, it’s good to have you here.