GCI Healthy Church Challenge
Jesus is at work in and through all generations. We want to hear what healthy church means to the young members of our GCI family! The healthy church challenge is open to all children and teens who wish to participate.
What is the healthy church challenge?
The healthy church challenge is an opportunity for GCI youth to learn about the Faith, Hope, and Love avenues and share the unique voice that God has given them. There are three age brackets for the challenge: 8-10, 11-14, and 15-17.
How to participate:
Open the PDFs for the appropriate age group to uncover your challenge and some reflection questions to help you along the way!
To be eligible, the healthy church challenge entry must be completed by a youth and answer the question posed by the challenge prompt. Entries may be a solo or group effort. Youth may submit up to 3 entries.
- Entries must be submitted by midnight on Monday November 1, 2021
- Entries must include a signed release
- Please save your file in the following format: HCC.churchname.lastnamefirstname.age (example: HCC.GCCharlotte.GarrityCara.14)
- Email all entries to firstname.lastname@example.org with 2021 HCC Challenge in the subject line
- Photos must have a file size of no more than 20 MB per image file. The recommended file format is JPEG/300dpi.
- Videos must be no longer than 90 seconds.
Voting & Prizes
The Healthy Church Challenge team will review all submissions to the challenge, select the top 15 from each age group, and post the top 15 entries on GCI’s Facebook page for voting. A limit of one entry per youth may be selected in the top 15 for voting. After it has completed the selection process, the team will contact each creator to inform them that their entry has been selected as one of the top 15 entries to enter the voting round.
The entries that receive the most likes on GCI’s Facebook page during the designated voting period will receive cash prizes to host a local healthy church activity!
1st prize = $300
2nd prize = $200
3rd prize = $100
Ideas: youth group pizza party, church movie night, community game night, worship night. Be creative!
Why should I participate?
· Share your creativity and talents
· Tell us what healthy church means to you
· Team up with your church friends and family
· Have fun!
For church leaders & families:
Get creative to engage the youth in your church to enter the challenge! There are so many ways to support them: talk with them about their ideas, organize time to work on the challenge as a group, partner them with an adult member of the church to help them work on their entry, provide supplies, help them to submit their entry by the deadline, and more. Remember, this is an opportunity to hear from our youth. Please support them by helping them to share their voice, not by doing the challenge for them!
Questions? Contact the healthy church challenge team at email@example.com